Our solid moisturizers are made to soften on contact with dry skin, which means they can melt when exposed to extreme heat. As the warmer summer months approach, we invite our community to join us in our commitment to sustainability and shop responsibly. We recommend purchasing early to avoid shipping during the hotter summer months.
In order to ensure your package arrives to you in optimal condition, we advise taking the following steps:
- Order when temperatures in your area are below 90 degrees
- Ship your package to an address where somebody will be available to accept the delivery
- Bring your package inside as soon as you receive your delivery confirmation e-mail
- Don't let your package sit in direct sunlight on a porch or in a mailbox (both can turn into an oven in the summer sun!)
- Didn't catch it in time? If softening occurs, we recommend popping your Stone into the fridge for 30 mins of chill time
On our end, we work hard to ensure your package arrives to you in optimal condition:
- We only ship orders Monday - Wednesday to ensure packages don't get stuck in hot warehouses over the weekend
- This means that during the summer, your order may take up to 5 business days to ship
- We provide complimentary shipping upgrades as needed to minimize travel time, absorbing these additional costs for our customers
- We offer a cool shipping option to our customers in hot weather states with biodegradable, nontoxic icepacks—however, we encourage our customers to be mindful when utilizing this option, as even the most environmentally friendly cool shipping has a higher carbon footprint
If you live in the following states or territories, we recommend stocking up before summer or utilizing our Cool Shipping option when order in temperatures over 90 degrees: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Virgin Islands, West Virginia, other U.S. territories, and international destinations outside of the U.S.
We will automatically pause subscriptions for loyal Kate McLeod subscribers who live in hot weather states from May 19 until September 26.
To avoid disappointment, we recommend reaching out to us at email@example.com with any concerns you have about melting before you place your order. We are happy to help!